Chocolates are the part of our life now and whenever we think of any sweet, ice-cream, gift it’s chocolate that comes in our mind first. But there are too many facts about chocolate that we are not aware of. We’ve tried to list some of them below:
1. Chocolate has over 600 flavor compounds, while red wine has just 200.
2. The first chocolate bar invented in 1847 by Joseph Fry.
3. German chocolate cake has nothing to do with Germany. It named after its inventor, Sam German.
4. The word “chocolate” comes from the Aztec word “xocoatl,” which referred to the bitter, spicy drink the Aztecs made from cacao beans.
5. A jewel thief made off with $28 million dollars of gems in 2007. Because he was able to gain the trust of the guards working the bank in Antwerp, Belgium, by repeatedly offering them chocolate.
6. It’s believed that people who are allergic to chocolate are actually allergic to cockroaches, as around eight insect parts typically found in a bar of chocolate, according to the Food and Drug Administration.
7. The inventor of the chocolate chip cookie, Ruth Wakefield, sold her cookie recipe to Nestle in exchange for a lifetime supply of chocolate.
8. The most expensive chocolate bar in the world is a 100-year-old Cadbury’s chocolate bar. That was brought along on Captain Robert Scott’s first Discovery Expedition to the Antarctic. It sold for $687 at auction in 2001.
9. Americans buy more than 58 million pounds of chocolate on Valentine’s Day every year, making up 5% of sales for the entire year.
10. More than two-thirds of the world’s cocoa grown in Africa and Côte d’Ivoire alone produces 33% of the world’s supply.
Get Amazing quality chocolate with the unique personal touch from Nut Crunch visit us now at https://www.nutcrunch.in/